|The First Post (this is word for word from the profile)
||[Aug. 30th, 2004|04:00 pm]
Thorpe/Phelps Fic Challenge Community
Welcome! (and i'm glad you're here)|
first of all... i have openly modeled this community after lotrpschallenge, the best fic challenge community out there and if theis one is half as successful as that one, then we are all very lucky! if you enjoy lotrips (lord of the rings real person slash) then you MUST go there.
the whole point of this community is to have fun writing and reading some great fic about a pairing you much love if you are here. (Ian Thorpe/Michael Phelps aka phelpedo) i'd like to have this similar to the way that lotrpschallenge works in that "The purpose of this community is to offer writing challenges once a week to all of the members. The authors then have two weeks to write stories and submit them into the contest. The judges read all of the submitted fics and choose a first, second, and third place winner (as well as a runner up when felt necessary). The winners will receive a custom banner as a thank you for their story." see! great fun, not so hard eh?
a big difference between this community and that one is not only that they are different fandoms, but to be a part of those challenges you must be excepted. that is understandable considering the lotrips fandom is HUGE, i mean it is MASSIVE. but this fandom? not so much, so the more people we can get to join the better.
again... i am openly borrowing these rules from lotrpschallenge because they all work out so well over there:
1. Some challenges will have specific requirements. Please follow them. This community is based on trust and respect and we want it to stay that way.
2. Again on the issue of trust, it is assumed that any fics you submit in the contests are written specifically for the challenge. Please don't submit previously written stories, as it defeats the purpose.
3. To submit your fic into the contest, leave a comment on the challenge post with a link to your story (posted in your journal or a community).
4. You may only submit one fic per challenge.
5. Please include a title, rating, pairing, and any necessary warnings in the header of your fic when you post it.
6. Having someone beta your story is okay. It is even encouraged to some degree. However, please make sure the final product is one of your own. Know that excessive spelling or grammar mistakes will hinder your chances of winning.
7. The judges are unbiased. Please realize that they try to be as fair as possible, even if that means you don't agree with their decisions. This isn't meant to be a place where each individual story is judged and graded. The judges simply select the three 'best' stories in each contest.
8. It would be wonderful if when you posted your fic around livejournal, you made mention of the community. A simple mention of the challenge you wrote it for with a link would be most appreciated.
- A new challenge will be posted every Tuesday.
- You have 10 days to write and submit your fic.
- The contests will overlap. Contests will be posted every week, but it will be two weeks before the winners are announced and awards given out.
stumphed is the genius behind lotrpschallenge so thank you to her for birthing such a great community and letting me model this one after that, and i hope she becomes a part of this one :)
we massivly need judges and somebody to generally RUN the community... although i created it and have done all this stuff i can't do it all because i want to write fic for it!
so here are some things we need...
-somebody who can be around alot or at least for the main things such as posting the challenges, doing the round up, posting winners and the like.
-about 5 or 6 judges
-a graphic maker for the winning banners (please don't be shitty at it, if you know you suck just deal with it and don't ask to be it)
also... you can most certainly do more than one, just please be serious about it, i will not hesitate to veto your ass out of here. lol
so if you want to be any of those... please please please send me an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org OR you can comment in this entry. thanks!